Monday, January 19, 2009

Thank you, Mr. President

Tonight is the last night of President Bush being the president of the United States.

Tomorrow starts the phase of "Change".

On this last day, I just want to say Thank you, Mr. President for standing up for what you believed in. For standing up and giving a voice to those who didn't have one. I wish you well. I pray that you and your family will be blessed in your day to day lives. Thank you for your 8 years. Thank you for being willing to be unpopular. For being willing to stand against the popular vote. Just simply thank you.

As tomorrow comes and Obama is sworn in as our next president I will pray that he is given wisdom to lead our country. That he will surround himself with wise people. That he will be humbled by the office he holds and be willing to do things because they are right and not because they are popular.

Tomorrow will bring change. I pray it's a change that we can handle. I pray that somehow our country can come together and stand together.


3 comments:

Janis said...

Beautiful Entry! Thanks for writing it! It conveys what I feel as well!

Janis

Christy said...

Yes...beautifully written.

Kelly Dawn said...

I am stressed over the "change" - I dont handle "change" well...

kelly