Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh dear.

Going from 1 to 2 kids was nothing for me. People told me it would be hard.. especially with them being so close in age. I prepared myself for the worst. And thankfully, it wasn't hard at all. In fact, for me it was easier going from 1 to 2 than it was to go from 0 to 1. It all just came so naturally.

Fast forward...

Going from 2 to 3 has been the hardest transition for me. I feel like I'm being pulled in all directions. Get up, feed the kids, feed Nathan, change diapers, change clothes, get someone more baba, feed Nathan, change more diapers, play with the kids, wash clothes, iron clothes, fold clothes, get someone more baba, do "school" with the kids, get unreachable toy for someone, feed Nathan, change more diapers, get Nathan away from some one's toy, get some one's little choke hazard toy away from Nathan, fix lunch, play with kids, get someone more baba, find priceless toy for someone, change diapers... and so on and so on and so on (it's not even 3pm yet!). I'm not stretch Armstrong. And to add to all of that.. the sleepless nights are KILLING me. It was all funny at first.. gave me some good material for my blog.. but now.. it's just ridiculous. I'm tired. I'm beyond tired. I just want to sleep at night. Not feed, change, sway, cover and recover a baby every single night..all night. At least not an almost 9 month old baby.

Yeah.. this is the not so pretty side of this momma. The side that comes out with full force and isn't nice, isn't pretty, isn't fun to be around. Thankfully it doesn't show itself often.. but when it does.. I hate it.

Bah.. I'm off to clean something.

3 comments:

Mc Allen said...

aww, its perfectly okay to feel like this Em...your a really wonderful mama!! we have allll been there. I have 3 teen girls and there are days when I seriously don't know how I'll get throuh it.I just pray and remember that nothing is new under the sun, and they are Gods I just care for them! He will prepare ya for every step, and give you reast too... I am here if ya need to vent!! Big Hugz, ♥ LA

Bridgett said...

I've had these days and I'm the mom of only two kids. It's the not-so-glamorous side of motherhood.

It gets better. A lot better.

Hang in there, kiddo.

XOXO

Junita said...

I totally forgot you have a non sleeping almost 9 month old too! I so feel for you as well. It is nice to know someone else is in our shoes. My husband is constantly daying why do we have the only baby that doesnt sleep - and now I have proof we aren't! Hang in there.