Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Almost.. almost

Last night around 10:30pm Nathan started crying wanting to get up and eat. I had just fed him not two hours before and he ate a good supper, so I knew he wasn't hungry. I laid him back down, patted his back and he would nod off. A few minutes later he would be back up doing the same thing. I would do the same routine and he would lay back down but each time I did that it would be shorter amounts of "peacefulness". Jon Kent woke up during all this so I took him to my bed and let him sleep there. Finally Nathan went back to sleep. And if he woke up any during the night I didn't know it.. and he didn't nurse all night. THAT'S A FIRST! So maybe.. maybe.. we are getting close. I'm hoping soon that we can just lay both the boys down and both of them sleep through the night without waking the other.

Funny thing, once Nathan did get up for the day he nursed and nursed.. like he thought he was going to go forever without his milk supply. Silly boy.

Jon Kent seemed to enjoy being back in the bed with us. He nuzzled his head into my chest and made me wrap my arm around him. He quickly fell asleep that way. It was like old times...

6 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

YAY! It won't be long! Great job!

Kim said...

How sweet! Congratulations on a semi successful night! Haley and Kallie now share a room so I know how the waking situation goes. Haley still doesn't go down well some nights and it upsets Kallie, but for the most part, it's pretty peaceful!

Karen said...

oh it sounds promising! Hopefully this is just the beginning of sleep filled nights!

Bridgett said...

Sounds like a very good possibility!

Keep us updated!

XOXO

Cascia Talbert said...

I remember those days! Now my youngest is weened and is a year and a half. He used to do the same thing when he was nine months. I don't think he slept through the night until he was close to a year.

I just found your blog and love it! I'm looking forward to reading more.

JBGRIGS said...

It sounds like things are going OK. Don't give up. I hope both boys start sleeping well for you in their room :)