Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm around here somewhere

Things have just been.. busy. School, or rather Bio-201, is kicking my booty. Between the labs and the lectures and then coming home to study/go over my notes.. I'm just buried. We have started working on our first exam review and it is easily 400 questions long. It's 11 pages long. So I've been working on it at night after the kids are in bed. Needless to say I don't get much sleep and that's just from school.. not from Nathan. So I REALLY don't get much sleep. I think after the first test I'll kind of see how I do then I'll be able to adjust my way of studying and such. But for now I'm doing it all just to cover my bases.

My cousin's wife (or rather soon-to-be ex-wife) passed away early yesterday morning. It was a complete shock to everyone. She was in her early 30's and had two children 10 and under. I wasn't really close to her, but it was still just so sad. To imagine that her kids have to grow up without her. They are both still so young.. it's just really sad. It's been weighing heavily on my mind since I found out. I can't stand the thought of my kids not having me as they grow up. Please keep the family in your prayers.

I've been playing over at Shutterfly for the last few days. I've been trying to get some Valentine's cards made up. I just made a few to send to grandparents, great grandparents and a few close friends. I think it's sweet and even though it is very much a commerical holiday I still it's think sweet to emphasise love for a day. I know we can all show love to our spouses, kids, family etc. everyday of the year but to just have a day that it's exaggerated.. I just enjoy it. Anywho, I made up some cards and I think they turned out pretty cute.

I've taken a ton of pictures over the last few days but my camera is out in the car and I'm too lazy to go get it. Yeah...

Yesterday was such a pretty day around here. The temperature was around 65 degrees and it was just so nice to be outside. I took the kids to the park and they played for about an hour on the playground and then we went and fed the ducks. There were some HUGE ducks and Zoey was scared of them. They would waddle right up beside her and try to get the bread from her. So she ended up throwing a whole slice of bread to one of the ginormous ducks. Nathan was in his stroller and he was surrounded by at least 10-20 ducks and he thought it was the funniest thing. So cute.

Speaking of Nathan, he is sleeping better. Not great, but better. He isn't getting up 4-5 times a night currently. I think right now we are, on average, getting up 2 times. Sometimes he wakes Jon Kent up and sometimes Jon Kent makes it all night in there without waking up. Last night, though Jon Kent was in our bed. And while we have a king sized bed, you would have thought we were sharing a twin. That boy was everywhere. Feet here, head there, feet there, head here. All over. It was so funny though when he first got in the bed with us.. he pulled the covers up to his chin, smiled and left out a really loud satisfied sigh. He was in heaven.. lol. In other Nathan news, I am sure he is about to pop several teeth. His gums seem to be hurting him and he has several white spots right under his gums. So it shouldn't be long now.

Well, I do believe that is all for now. I hope to be back later with some pictures from the last few days.

5 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

That is horrible about your cousin's wife. I can't imagine not being around for my kids either. Ugh.

I'm glad you all got to go to the park. I wish we would have made it there yesterday, but we didn't, and now it's really cold outside again.

Kelly Dawn said...

i so miss having a little one in bed cuddling with usl... *sigh* and you know it is funny cause I used to say I would not let my kids sleep with me...and of course I did...hubby was the first to go get them and put them in bed with us...lol....and now i miss it...lol.

Kelly

Karen said...

So sorry to hear about your cousins wife. They will all be in my prayers.

The first tests are always one of the hardest. You're still getting in a groove and you have to learn the teacher's test style.

Hang in there!

Bridgett said...

Both of my kids, when they're in bed with us, think they have to be RIGHT UP AGAINST ME. LOL We have a king size bed too, but the kids make it seem toddler size. My husband has the entire bed to himself and me and whichever kid is sleeping with us is squished onto one side. Still, I can't help but love it. :)

After you get that first test out of the way, you'll be able to relax a little and will have more of an idea what your professor is looking for. The first exam is always the hardest. I'm sure you'll do great!

That's truly terrible about your cousin's wife. What did it? I'm in my early 30's and that makes me feel really vulnerable. :(

XOXO

Christy said...

I love cuddling with my kids, especially when they're babies (which to me is 2 and under!) ahhh nothing better. Oh and you probably know this already, but in case you don't...breastfeeding is a natural pain reliever! Why they want/need to nurse so much more.

God Bless girl and praying for your cousin and his children.