Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blurry

My vision that is.. This is what it must be like to type a post up drunk. You know.. minus the being drunk part.

Anyway, I went to have my eye exam today. I haven't had my eyes checked since.. oh, 2002. So it was time, I suppose. But I hate.. hate.. hate anything close to my eye.. much less in my eye. Have you ever seen the episode of "Friends" where Rachel goes to the eye doctor? Yeah.. I'm Rachel. When the lady did the puff in each eye, I literally yelled out the first time. So not cool, lady.

Anyway, the final result was I am near sighted and have an astigmatism in my right eye. Which is what is contributing to my night vision, or lack thereof, and the glare problems that I have at night and while on the computer.

So I got fitted for some glasses and they should be back from being ordered in a few days. So yeah..

The doctor asked if I would like contacts instead of glasses.. I gave him the "are you crazy" look and he said that glasses would do just fine.

Yeah mister.. they will.

4 comments:

Bridgett said...

We have the same diagosis...I'm also near-sighted and I have astigmatism (mildly in my right eye, moderately in my left).

I have horrible night blindness and issues with glare as well.

We're vision twins. LOL

Can't wait to see your new glasses!

XOXO

breakaway said...

Hey there! I noticed you are not one of my followers and I lost you before! So glad your still around here. Is Nathan really over 9 months old!!! HOoooLY cow! He is about ready to walk! I'm going to have to take a weekend and catch up with you. Working full time really takes away from my computer time that's for sure. I'm lucky to even get on once a week let alone once a day like I used to. Nice to be able to visit today though!

Janis said...

Oh contacts aren't so bad! :) lol

I remember that one well. I hate the eye doctor as well and always leave with such a headache! Ick! :)

Hopefully the glasses will help you though.
God Bless
Janis

Terri said...

Can't wait to see your new glasses...

I really need to get an eye exam...I have vision insurance I may as well use it..I haven't ever really had an eye exam that I can remember just the ones in school reading the charts...Jeff went before Christmas and got glasses...he was suppose to be wearing them since he was little but for years he didn't...

Hugs
Terri