Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nathan's 9 Month Stats

Nathan had his 9 month check-up today. All went well. He weighed 21 pounds, 2 ounces. He was 28 inches long. He got two shots and handled those well. His ears checked out fine, as did his breathing. I talked to his pediatrician about his lack of sleeping or rather my lack of sleeping.. She suggested that we move him out of our room. Which we were considering anyway. She said to move Jon Kent in with Zoey for a few nights so that we could "fight it out" with Nathan for about a week. She says that Nathan is just used to having me whenever he wants (so true) and that is what he expects. But he needs to be "retrained". So that's what we will be doing in the coming days. Hopefully by this time next week Nathan will be giving us more time to sleep. Hopefully.

6 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Wow, 21 lbs! That sounds huge compared to Camryn. She's almost 17 months and only weighs 20 lbs or so.

Good luck getting him to sleep through the night. Teaching them to self-soothe was the key to getting Summer and Camryn to sleep through the night so early. It's hard but soooo worth it.

Karen said...

WTGrow Nathan!

Christy said...

I don't want to be a downer, but I've met quite a few people who've tried this favored Pediatrian way (most are against cosleeping to begin with) and it seems to back fire and get worse. I hope Nathan does start to sleep better for you.

The one way I've heard that seems to have the best results is Daddy attending the baby vs momma. Comforting, etc.

Emma still wakes up once at night. She starts off in her bed (only because she can crawl out of my bed now) and then she wakes up, I nurse her and she sleeps the rest of the night with me. She normally wakes to nurse, but if I even wake up during it, it's only for a second to pull up my shirt or adjust things a bit.

Mc Allen said...

aww, I know, we had to do this too... It really will be so much better... Im sending you hugs and a prayer that it will go as smoothly as possible!! Hugs, LA

Kristine said...

Can't wait to hear how the "retraining" goes. We are in the same prediciment here. Hope it works out well!

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

Awww poor baby has to go to his own room. I was a co-sleeper and mine stayed in my room until a year. I know it has to happen, but man is it hard to do at first. Good luck. So glad his check up was good.
Take care, Chrissie