Monday, October 6, 2008

Thanks and an Update

Thanks for all the get well wishes for Jon Kent!!

Well... wish I could say all is well, but it's not. Jon Kent is still sick. He woke up several times in the night and threw up several times as well. His fever spiked to 103.5 around 3:30am. We gave him some Motrin and watched him for a bit. We then rechecked his temp. and it went down to 103 even. He feel asleep shortly after taking the medicine. This morning he woke up acting a little better. He was more talkative and was playing a little bit. That only lasted about an hour or so and then it was on the couch. Which he has stayed on all morning and so far all afternoon. His fever has ranged from 100-102.4 all day. I'm treating it with some medicine but trying to just keep liquids in him. He hasn't thrown up any today, so that's an improvement. I called the pediatrician's office and talked to a nurse. She basically told me what I already knew and was doing. She said if he does continue to throw up past 48 hours to bring him in or if his fever continued for more than 72 hours to bring him in to get seen. She said it sounded a lot like a stomach virus and if it was to expect diarrhea soon, which could last 5-7 days. Jon Kent keeps saying things like, "It hurts, it hurts" or "Ouch, ouch.". I asked him what was wrong or what was hurting him and he will say, "Me, me hurts.". Which means his body. I ask him to point to what hurts and he says, "All of it.". Poor baby. Continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated!

5 comments:

JBGRIGS said...

Awwww poor baby. I hope he gets better soon. I will continue to pray for him (((hugs)))

Mandy said...

Oh poor little one, you are doing everything you can ~ I know it's horrid watching children when they are poorly - wishing him well very soon.

:-)

Christy said...

I'm continuing to pray for him and you, I know it's so hard on you and so exhuasting.

Karen said...

oh no, poor baby (((Jon Kent))) I hope he gets better soon, and that Zoey and Nathan don't catch it. *prayers*

Terri said...

Poor thang...I know he has to be miserable...I hope he feels better soon! I know it's probably taking a toll on you as well...try to rest when you can...

Hugs
Terri