Sunday, October 5, 2008

My big one is sick...

I hate it when any of my kids get sick. I mean.. you absolutely feel helpless. I always feel like my hands are tied when any of my kids starts feeling bad. Today after church was over, I went to pick Jon Kent, Zoey and Nathan up from the nursery. When I picked Jon Kent up his whole body was hot. I mean hot. So when I got the ear thermometer and checked him, he was running a fever of about 101. Gave him some Tylenol and he passed out. When he woke up his fever had gone up. He passed back out and slept for a bit. When he woke up again he start gagging and throwing up over and over. About 6 times. It was mostly liquids. He slept most of the afternoon and evening. We gave him some Motrin and took his temp. again and it was 102.4. He passed out again and when he woke up he threw up some but his temp. was down to 100. He is currently asleep.. hopefully for the night. I hope this is just a 24 hour thing. I hate for my babies to be sick.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Poor guy. One thing I've found to help with fevers and just making them feel more relaxed is a nice luke warm bath, takes the fever down more naturally than medications and it always seems to relax my kids to just lay back in the bath for a little bit and if they get sick, well they're already in there to clean up easily.

I hope he starts feeling better.

Janis said...

Hope he feels better soon! ALso hope that he doesn't spread it to the others! :)

God Bless
Janis

..... said...

Awww, I hope Jon Kent feels better really soon!!

JBGRIGS said...

I hope he feels better soon (((hugs)))

Terri said...

Awww I sure hope he is feeling better soon!!!

Hugs
Terri