Friday, April 24, 2009

Tired

Today was a long day. The realtor came out. Talked, took pictures, took measurements and left. He didn't seem very interested in selling himself to us. I kind of wonder if he knew he was running against another realtor. The other realtor took time to tell us about herself, how she would market our house, gave us a folder full of information, etc. This guy, came in with a notepad, a camera and a pen that ran out of ink. Oh well. One less thing to do.

Today wasn't particularly a busy day. But I'm tired. I feel like I've been running all day. But I haven't. The kids played outside this morning, we ran to town to pay a bill, lunch time and then nap. I washed clothes and cleaned up the house a bit. Vacuumed and dusted. Pretty basic stuff. And yet I'm tired.. really tired.

This evening we went over to my parents' house. Ate with them, my grandmother, brother and nephew. We left there and went straight to Wal-Mart to pick up a pool. It was too big for our car though. Pretty disappointing. I felt bad for the kids because they got all excited when they saw us trying to get the pool to fit in the back. They kept asking why we weren't taking the pool home with us. We'll have to get some one's truck and go back and pick it up. But tomorrow everyone is busy with the race. Hopefully we can get it soon. The weather is nice and warm right now. Today you could even say it was hot.. almost 90.

Right now I have a lot on my mind. Which could have a lot to do with my tiredness. Situations happen and I honestly don't know how to react to them. I think in my head of something to say, but then mull over it, second guessing myself until I just end up saying nothing at all. I don't want to say something and then regret it. I've done that more recently than I care to admit to. But sometimes I think staying silent speaks louder and harsher, maybe, than just saying something to begin with. Does that make sense? I don't know. I'm just typing without thinking. Trying to sort it out without getting into the details. Oh well. It's way past my bedtime. Goodnight all.

4 comments:

kksmith said...

Silence is sometimes golden....for everybody.
Sorry I missed ya'll.

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

I really hope your home selling goes smoothly. And I hope you pick the efficient realtor. Blogger is saying I misspelled realtor... but I don't think I did. Anyway.. I'm so glad I'm only a buyer and not a seller. So much to worry about. But I'm sure it will be fine.

I know exactly what you mean about being tired for no reason and staying silent when you actually have things in your head that you want to say. I do that too sometimes.

Bridgett said...

Well...sounds like choosing a realtor will be an easy choice. :)

XOXO

Bernadette said...

Wow @ the realtor...what a guy ;)

I know just what you mean. I've been having a lot of those moments when it seems that NOT saying something speaks louder than what I'd have said.