Thursday, April 16, 2009

My mind is totally else where

A&P is basically over. We are having lab classes right now to get ready for our final lab exam which is Thursday. I'm sitting in class today trying to figure out where all the muscles are (WHY are there so many!?!!!?) and I just could not focus. I had no desire whatsoever to know a cotton pickin' thing about muscles. So I just packed my stuff up and left. All the way home I just wanted to scream or cry or something. My mind is just full. Full of school, full of house stuff, full of moving stuff, full of cleaning stuff, full of house hunting stuff, realtor stuff.. just stuff. It's full. And at 4:50 this afternoon there just wasn't room for anything else. I got home and grabbed the kids and the hubs and we all went to Jon Kent and Zoey's t-ball game. I tried honestly to just not think about anything else.. but how can I not when my whole life is about to change. We are about, for the first time ever, to leave our family and friends.. leave our comfort zone. Our world is fixing to be rocked. After we got home tonight and gave the kids their baths and got them all in bed, I was picking up the house and I hear barking.. coyotes or something of the like were in our backyard towards the woods. Kent runs and grabs his gun (totally a southern thing to do, no?) and runs outside. Then I hear "BANG!" and then Kent yelling something. I walk outside and see that Kent's brother was also outside with his shot gun (sorry I'm laughing at how redneck this sounds) and shot towards the woods. They all talk and laugh and then come back in. Things like that aren't going to happen once we move. We aren't going to have the random family reunion outside. I don't know.. my mind is just so full. We have so much going on this weekend...
Here is the run down..
Tomorrow an inspector is going to come out and inspect our septic tank.
We have to clean, clean, clean this weekend to get the house ready for the realtor. It reality our house is clean, I make sure of it, but just getting it that extra clean.. it's driving me nuts.
The realtor is coming Monday at 3pm to look over the house and we are just supposed to talk and ask/answer questions.
Also Monday at 4pm another inspector is coming to check out the "bones" of the house. The crawl space, in the attic,etc.
Over the weekend we have a lot of projects (besides the cleaning) that we also are going to tackling.
See? Now can you see why my mind is completely full?

3 comments:

TnL's Mommy said...

Aww...bless your heart Emily! My thoughts and prayers are with you! I know how hard it is to up and move like that although not with having to sell and buy thrown in there too! Try to take it one step at a time, that's all you can do.

Karen said...

Hang in there Em. You have a lot going on right now. Try and take things day by day. I know it's all so overwhelming right now, but things will fall into place. Remember God will NEVER give you more then you can handle.

Bridgett said...

Eh. Doesn't sound so weird to me. LOL My uncle is out with his shotgun, on a 4-wheeler, all the time. LOL

And I understand how you feel. I really do. It's overwhelming right now. I think we've all been there at some point.

Just relax, take a deep breath, and take things one day at a time.

You'll get through with flying colors...no doubt in my mind.


XOXO