Monday, June 8, 2009

What a day!

You know it's been a good day when bed time rolls around and no one argues about it.

Jon Kent and Zoey had swimming lessons this morning at 8:30. They looked so cute swimming around and learning how to move their arms and legs at the same time. Nathan and I stayed up in the bleachers and he climbed up and down the steps. After swimming lessons I ran home threw some sandwiches, goldfish crackers, strawberries, yogurt and drinks into a cooler and headed back out to the car. The kids were very curious as to what I was up to. I announced that we were heading to the splash park for some fun in the sun. "Yay! We're going to the park!!" came roaring from the back seat.
Once we got there the kids hopped out and ran to go play. They had a blast running in and out of the water and playing on all the playgrounds. Nathan wasn't too thrilled with the water. He hasn't gotten his love for water yet. I'm hoping it comes soon though. After the kids played for a bit we had a little picnic lunch and then it was back out for more fun. We ended up staying for about 2 hours. Then we fed the ducks and headed home.
Everyone was out cold before my tires hit the interstate.

Once we got home everyone went down for a nap. Although Jon Kent only slept for about 30 more minutes. Once he got up he watched Noggin for a little bit while I caught about a 15 minute cat nap.
My daddy came over to watch the kids while Jon Kent and I went to get my eye brows waxed. That took all of 20 minutes and then I was back home. Once everyone woke up we went next door to my in-laws and got in their pool. BIG mistake. Never again will I do that alone. Everything was going fine. The kids were taking turns jumping to me and swimming around with my help. Nathan was on the deck playing around when he must have tried to stand on one of the floats that was laying on the deck. I turned around just in time to see his feet bobbing just above the water. He had fallen in. I race across the pool with Zoey in one arm and grab one of his ankles and pull him out of the water. He was hanging upside down and I was trying to get Zoey to grab the ladder. He was fine, I was recovering from a heart attack. What is it with my boys and falling into pools. Jon Kent did it when he was about 19 months old. Goodness. So we all got out and went home to play on our playground. Once Kent got home we went back to swim. This time with an extra set of hands.
After swimming we came home and I cooked supper. Tacos. Then Kent and I had to fax some papers to our realtor( we put in an offer for a house. We should know by tomorrow night if they have accepted our offer). Once we came back Kent went and cut grass and I took the kids over to play at my parents' house. Their cousin was there, so that was nice for them to all play together. After we left we did a quick drive through to Sonic and came home.
Then it was brush teeth, take a bath and get into bed. Whew! What a day!!


Tiffany Lockette said...

I really, really wish I could stay home with Zoe and baby number two whenever that happens. That is another reason I want to move back home. Cost of living is so much less at home than in Atlanta and I would help with the kiddos. We could afford for me to stay home if cost of living was cheaper. Anyway, blah, blah, blah. Looks like your kiddos had a great day. I know you were pooped by the end of the day. Good luck on the house. I hope your offer is accepted.

Bridgett said...

EEEK! I would have had a heart attack too!

That sounds like a busy but really fun day. In fact, it makes me a little tired just reading it...LOL