Friday, February 27, 2009

A story about a stormy morning

Here in Alabama we are used to storms. It's just a part of the way of life here. But how to entertain little ones during a stormy day...


First of all.. you need storms. Check. I think I caught Jerry there in a blink. ;o)

Then you need at least one, if not more crazy kids.Double check. Scary...

Then you would need a rolodex of ideas in your mind. I searched my brain files for things I learned about over at MckMama's blog.


Check.


Here is what the kids did.

That's rice and dried pasta. They enjoyed racing their cars through it, burying their toy puppies in it and watching it fall through a funnel.

The wind and rain picked up and the lightening and thunder got louder.

But that didn't stop the playing..
It did stop the T.V coverage though.. stupid satellite.


Oh, and one other thing it didn't stop..

Yeah, that boy loves his blankets.. all 1.5 billion of them. Yes, that is a pink blanket.. his sister's. She doesn't mind. I'm sure she hasn't even realized it hasn't been on her bed in a week or two.

So yeah.. that's what a stormy morning is like around here. After this line is through we are supposed to get some more later tonight and some tomorrow with a good chance of SNOW! To think tornadoes today.. snow tomorrow. Got to love the south.

3 comments:

Taking Heart said...

Great post Emily! Loved the photos!

Bridgett said...

My kids would be panicking and trying to act brave through the thunder. LOL

What a great idea though! Great for texture play to.

Just pray the storms don't knock out the electricity which is what usually happens here. :/

XOXO

TnL's Mommy said...

I have done the same rice playing with my son! I love getting ideas from you or MckMama!! Glad you made it through ok. Isn't it amazing you had a hard time getting him to sleep at night but he sleeps through storms. Gotta love those children!!