Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Check-ups, Check-ups, Check-ups for Everyone!

Jon Kent and Zoey had their yearly check-ups today. Nathan had to have a recheck of his lungs and ears. Here are the stats for Jon Kent and Zoey.



Jon Kent is 35 pounds, 39 and 1/4 inches tall. This time last year he was 32 pounds and 36 inches tall. He is average for weight but below average for height. We are going to keep an eye on his growth and make sure that he does stay on the curve because Kent's brother has a growth hormone deffieceny, so it does run in the family. There are a lot of hormone woes in the family actually.. anyway... otherwise Jon Kent checked out perfectly.



Zoey is 34.2 pounds, 39 and 1/8 inches tall. This time last year she was 28.8 pounds and 34 inches tall. She is above average on both. She shot up 5 inches in the past year. The pediatrician was amazed. Zoey also checked out well and got a clean bill of heath. God is so good to have blessed us this past year with healthy children!



Nathan got a recheck of his ears and lungs. Both are fine now. I did mention the sleepless nights and his poops being very watery without any substance (sorry.. TMI!!!). She asked how long it had been going on (3ish weeks) and when it started (when he went on the steroids and then the antibiotics). So she said she wanted a stool sample (Nathan gladly obliged). She wants to test him for Cdiff. Since all this started when he was on the antibiotics it is likely.. but I'm really hoping it's not. They will call us in a few days to let us know. What we will do from there if he does have it, I'm not really sure. So keep Nate in your prayers.



I'm doing better today. My nose is more clogged but Nathan did sleep a little longer last night.. 4 and half hours. So that was nice. I'm hoping he will get a routine down soon. And Bridgett.. I'm a cry it out kind of mom too (no flames!) when everything else has been done and none of it has worked.. but.. he's in our room.. so I can only handle so much.. ya know? Our only other option is to move him into the room with his brother, but I don't want to do that to Jon Kent. So we are toughing it out.. for now. Kent asked me the other night if Nathan's crib would fit into our closet.. lol.. But it won't.. trust me, I thought about it. We'll get it worked out eventually.. I hope.

2 comments:

Bridgett said...

So glad your children are healthy and fit!

As for Nathan...as a survivor of C. Diff, I can tell you, it's painful, painful, painful. Not a fun bug to get, for sure. I'd been on antibiotics for months a few years ago for chronic bronchitis.

Lo and behold, I woke up one night thinking somebody was stabbing me. I kid you not. That's how much it hurt.

I made Doug take me to the ER because I honestly thought I was either having a gallbladder attack or a hot appendix. I'm an RN...I NEVER go to the E.R. But I was hurting. I never made a peep during either of of my labors...but I was screaming in pain with this C. Diff.

And yes, the poo is watery, green, and seedy looking. (I know...TMI...but I'm trying to help out. LOL)

All I can say is, probiotics, probiotics, probiotics!

If it's C. Diff, he's got a lot of bad bacteria in his gut right now (which also leads to yeast issues)...so he needs that replaced with good bacteria...hence, the probiotics.

If you want more information, just send me an e-mail and we can discuss.

Keep us updated.

Oh...and btw, I totally understand why you can't let him cry for long in the same bedroom. That would drive me bonkers too.

Hopefully once his tummy is fixed, he'll start sleeping a little more soundly.

Good luck!
XOXO

Brandi said...

Yay for healthy kiddos. : )