Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Chronicles of Potty Training: The Final Edition- Day 6,7, 8 & 9



Wow. Gotta lot of days to cover. The reason I wasn't really "reporting" for the last few days on the whole potty front was because.. well.. it wasn't going well. Nathan was peeing and pooping in his pants all the time. And the only time he would pee in the potty was when I made him go. Once again, Kent asked me if I thought Nathan was really ready (Kent has done this, consistently, with every child trained). I told him that I knew Nathan was ready because he knows when he does go. He would pee or poop and then tell me he had to go potty. He was putting two and two together.. just got in the right order. So, I have been trying to just keep him interested in the potty. Reminding him that we don't pee or poop in our pants. We did have two cases were we had to clean poop off the floor and even throw away some clothes. Now that was fun.

Yesterday, he was dry all day. But never would poop. Which worried me because Jon Kent did the same thing, but it was after he pooped in the potty the first time. He felt the need to go, but just wouldn't. Ended up having to give him an enema. Didn't want history repeating itself.

This morning Nathan told me he needed to go potty. So we rush to the bathroom and right when I am pulling down his pants he starts peeing. On the bathroom rug, in the floor and on my foot. Awesomeness. I change his clothes. wash my foot, clean up the floor and put the bathroom rug in the laundry room to be washed.

Not a good start to the day.

I take Jon Kent to school and we come back and get ready to go for a run/bike ride. We do that and come back home. We are playing outside when Nathan tells me he needs to potty. So we run inside and he pees in the potty. Woohoo!! We made it in time! So we head back out to play. A few minutes go by and I see Nathan holding his bottom. I ask if he needs to go poopie in the potty. He tells me yes. So we run back in side. He sits... and we wait.

And wait.

And wait.

He asks to get down, but I tell him no. I get another stool so that he can actually have his feet touching it. Once I did that, he took his hands and squeezed his cheeks (face cheeks) together turned red and pooped in the potty!!! Woooooohooooooo!!! He finally, finally, finally put his #2 business in the potty!!! I cheered, Zoey cheered and Nathan just beamed from ear to ear. After he was cleaned up he finally got to get his toy. He has been lugging Woody around ever since. And.. to top things off.. right before nap he told me he needed to potty and again we made it in time. I do believe we are well on our way!! w00t! w00t!



1 comment: