Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Anniversary in review

Woke up this morning.. completely forgot it was our anniversary because Nathan felt hot. Yes, my dear friends.. Murphy's law.. "Got something fun planned to do? Have had these plans set for a week now? One of the kids will get sick." I knew it was going to happen. I just knew it. So when Nathan woke up this morning and felt warm and was hacking up a lung or two I just breathed deeply and called the doctor. Got in first thing and the line up goes like this.. Ear infection in his right here and a cold that just won't go away.. thusly making his asthma flare up. But thankfully the wheezing was just the cold and not so much the asthma, because he wasn't labored in his breathing. So the doctor just switched up his nebulizer medicine and gave us an antibiotic for the ear infection. He wasn't running a fever in the office. We got home and he was seemingly do well. So we decided to stick to our plans of going out.

We went out to an early movie ("Taken") and then out to eat. We stopped by Lowe's (romantic, no?), Hobby Lobby and Target. Then we headed back home. About 5 minutes from home Kent's parents call and tell us Nathan is running a fever and just not acting himself. So we get home and they already had him in the bath and had given him some Motrin. He was all smiles in the tub. I got him out and dressed, gave him his first dose of his antibiotic and gave him a breathing treatment. Then he was fed and sent to bed. Other than the periods of blahness he seems to be fine. I think we just got the ear infection at the beginning and it didn't really have enough time to start giving other symptoms until this evening. Had we waited another day it would have been more obvious that there was something more going on. I'm just glad I went ahead and took him today. It's a lot easier taking him alone rather than with two other kids in tow. I'm hoping he is feeling better soon. The weather is supposed to finally start getting nice again starting tomorrow. Highs back in the 70's and sunny. My kind of weather. We need to get out of this house and we need to quit breathing in each other's germs.

Now, all the kids are asleep.. Kent is playing his XBOX and I'm here.. blogging. All in right in O'ville for now. It was, in a nutshell, a good 7th anniversary... you know.. besides Nathan being sick.

4 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

I agree about getting out and away from the germs. I cannot take another person in my house being sick.

I hope Nathan feels better soon :-)

Karen said...

I'm glad you guys got to go out alone for a little bit. I hope Nathan feels better soon!

Natalie said...

on our last date night we went to see "Taken" (we thought it was really good) and then went to sam's....romantic too!

happy anniversary!

Bridgett said...

Happy anniversary!!

Hope the little man is feeling better soon.

XXOO