Monday, May 18, 2009

Community

While we were up in South Carolina, we got to see first hand what it was like to live in a community. To actually know your neighbor and "talk over the fence". Granted we know our neighbors, obviously, as they are Kent's parents. But what we experienced this past weekend was different. We were all out in the yard, the kids were playing ball, riding bikes, running around, etc. and one of their neighbors just stopped by with a plate of brownies and chatted for a bit. Some other people drove by and waved. People taking an afternoon walk would waved and say hello as they passed by. I'm looking forward to that. To being able to make friends and have my kids play out in the yard with other neighborhood kids. I'm looking forward to being a part of a community. I'm looking forward to making it our home. I'm looking forward to just calling it our home instead of that town in South Carolina.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

I would love that as well...it's the ideal situation for a family with small children.

Lucky, lucky girl. :)

XOXO

p.s. At this point, I don't care for my neighbors. LOL