Thursday, November 26, 2009

A week of Thankfuls: Day 4

Today I am thankful for family. For the chance to cook a meal with my momma and sit down at a table with my husband, children, momma and daddy. I am thankful that we are all healthy enough to come together and enjoy a week of Thanksgiving. That we are able to sit around and talk, laugh and eat. I am thankful that my parents and Kent's parents too, raised us up in a Godly home, going to church, learning the Bible and teaching us right from wrong. I am thankful for a family who loves me despite my faults.

And today I am also thankful for a bird by the name of turkey. Oh yes, for today you will fill my stomach up and I will smile indeed for I am thankful that you are on my dinner table. I am thankful for all your friends who are called by the names of dressing, gravy, sweet potato casserole, mash potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, green beans, rolls, red velvet cake and blueberry fluff. Today I am thankful for my plate being full.

But mostly I am just thankful for my family.

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving...i have a pretty good feeling that you did :)

Bridgett said...

Awww...love the family photos.

Hope you enjoyed that turkey! I actually didn't eat any this year. Odd, I know. I didn't touch the ham either. One step closer to becoming a vegetarian! :)