Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A week of Thankfuls: Day 2


Today I am thankful for my husband. He is truly my best friend. I don't say that in a corny, cheesy way. He just really is my best friend. Something happens and he is the first I want to call. I did something exciting and I want him to be there to enjoy it with me. I'm sad and need someone to talk to, I want it to be him that listens. My husband is a man of few words. He doesn't talk much (or maybe he would if I quit talking.. hmmm.), he doesn't get overly excited about things. But he is there for me when I need him. We fight, like all couples do, but it's hard to stay mad at him for long. Because I need him to talk to, to hug, to spend time with. He is just the one and only person I want. He is a wonderful husband, a wonderful daddy, a wonderful man. Kent willingly, without complaint goes to work. I think in all our 7+ years of marriage, I have never heard him once complain about having to work. Sure he might have complained about work, but never has he complained about having to be the one who goes to work. I love my husband more than words can say and today and all days I am thankful for him.






2 comments:

Karen said...

Love this! I feel the same way about my hubby! It's so nice to have that with someone!

Bridgett said...

This is very sweet, Em. :)