Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanks Review

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My parents arrived late Tuesday night and stayed until Saturday afternoon. I am so glad they were able to come. Monday night my mom started feeling bad and was running a fever, so their trip plans were kind of up in the air for a bit. But thankfully she started feeling better and we were able to spend Thanksgiving together. My mom and I cooked all day Thursday. My dad, Kent and the kids played outside, watched football and we all just sat around when we could. My daddy, Kent and myself did get a bit competitive with our "Farkling" on Facebook. I'm STILL trying to beat their scores. Finally, after a whole day of cooking we all got to sit down, at one table, and enjoy Thanksgiving together. We weren't rushed. We didn't have to worry about being anywhere else. It was wonderful. I am so glad and thankful for my time with my family.






4 comments:

Karen said...

So glad your mom was well enough to make the trip and that you all had a great time!

Bridgett said...

I'm so out of it..I don't even know what Farkling is. LOL

Looks like a great meal!

EmilytheCreative said...

Farkling is a game on Facebook. Search it and it should come right up.

Kristine said...

So glad you had a nice Turkey day!!!