Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A week of Thankfuls: Day 3


Today I am thankful for my children. And not just the three on earth, but the two in heaven. All 5 of my children. I am thankful that on the other side of heaven I have two fully healthy, without pain, happy, perfect children. Who get to sing and dance in heaven. Who get to sit at the feet of Jesus. And on this side of heaven, I am thankful for my three healthy children. The three children that God gave to me to teach, guide and watch grow. I am thankful for what they teach me daily. Patience. Love. Compassion. To laugh. To play. To break out in a song. To dance in the rain. To be excited over the little things. To pray. I am thankful that I have the three that I have. That I have a firstborn son to look out and over his little sister and brother. I am thankful that I have a daughter sandwiched between two sons to hold her brothers together. I am thankful that my baby is a boy to continue to watch out for his big sister and to make sure that his older siblings don't get away with too much. I am thankful for my children. Thankful that my legacy can continue through them.



4 comments:

Kristine said...

<3

Tiffany Lockette said...

We are headed to Auburn for the crazy Friday game of Auburn vs. Bama. Are you going to be in town by chance? I hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving and if you guys are traveling, be safe.

EmilytheCreative said...

No, we'll be in SC Friday. We are having thanksgiving here. Y'all have fun and enjoy the craziness that is Auburn/Alabama football. I've gone to the rivarly game before and it was a good time. But it was in Tuscaloser ;).

Bridgett said...

Very sweet!