Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bootastic Halloween!

Our Halloween was PACKED full of things to do. We started bright and early this morning with soccer. Jon Kent scored another goal!! I was so proud of him, despite the fact that I missed it.. again. I went to the car to get some cups for the water cooler and by the time I got back he had scored. I am thinking he just scores only when I am not there. :/ But I was proud of him nonetheless.

After soccer we came home and ate lunch and put the kids down for naps. Kent and I needed to get to the church to help with the games. The kids came later and seemed to have a good time. Zoey got her face painted with a little puppy dog on her cheek. The kids got a lot of candy and were pretty hyped up by the time we left.

After the festival at church, we came home and got the kids in their costumes. We were fixing to walk out the door when the bottom fell out of the sky and it started pouring. So we waited it out for about 20 minutes and it quit. About half way down the street it starts raining again, but not too heavy. So we just dealt with it. It soon quit. The kids had a good time trick-or-treating and thankfully all the neighbors who had set up their yards/garages to scare trick-or-treaters didn't do anything to the kids. They waited until we left and then started back up. We did get to see several groups of older kids get the mess scared out of them. Pretty amusing. While we had the kids getting candy, my parents stayed here and handed out what we had. Everyone thought I over did it with buying so much candy, but it was just enough. And if we hadn't turned off our porch light they probably would still be coming. I love it though. This is the first year we were able to go door-to-door trick-or-treating and being able to also hand out candy. It's nice being in this community and be able to do that.



And last but not least, my Auburn Tigers pulled out a win today!!! After 3 weeks of having to see them lose it was great to see them playing... better.

The kids are already talking about what they want to be NEXT Halloween! ;)

3 comments:

JBGRIGS said...

Your kids look adorable. Happy Halloween :)

Bridgett said...

Sounds like a busy, but memorable day.

And the kids just look adorable.

Love the new look in here.

Karen said...

They look so cute! What a great day!