Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I just did whaaa?

I have been a mother for over 5 years now. So I know all about not sleeping. In fact, I am pretty sure most nights when I do have to get up, ahem- several times, that I do so mostly asleep. Otherwise, I would never sleep. So when my mom and I decided to stay up allll night and do Black Friday shopping starting with the midnight madness at ToysRUs, I thought.. "I've got this". I was pretty hyped up, too. Caffeine, adrenaline.. call it what you want I was pumped and ready to go.

We get to ToysRUS at 11:45pm. The parking lot was packed. I figured as much. Get to the back of the line that was long. And when I say long, it was around the back of another building, across the road from ToysRUS.. so yeah.. long. I had on jeans, a t-shirt and a sweat shirt. That was it. Did I mention it was cold and windy? Yeah, it was both of those. We waited in line for 2 hours... freezing. By the time we got in the store the line to check out was CRAZY! And everything we went in to buy was sold out. Crud and crap all rolled in to one.

So by this time it was 2:15am and OLD NAVY was set to open at 3am. We make our way over there and there is already a line outside of their, too. I told momma that if we weren't in the store in 30 minutes from the time it opened that we would forget it. Thankfully, they let everyone in until the check out line got too long then they started making people wait. I grabbed a few things and took a place in line. Let my momma shop then she got in line with me and I went and finished my shopping. It worked out well. While we were standing in line a pregnant lady's water broke. Her husband looked scared. Also, right when we got to the front of the check out line, a girl (teenager) with a bag FULL of stuff came up to the women in front of us and asked if she could pay them to let her in front of them ($20). The ladies said no that it wasn't fair for all the people behind them who had been waiting. I agreed.

After OLD NAVY we went and ate some breakfast and then headed to Target. While in Target looking around at the toys a fight broke out in the electronics. We finished up our shopping and went to the back of the check out line that was wrapped around the inside of the store.. twice! After Target was K-Mart and then Wal-Mart. Both places weren't crowded by the time we got there. All in all we did well. I got a lot of my shopping done. And I think we had a good time.

Oh, by the time I was able to take a nap.. I had been awake for 30 hours straight.

I'm still recovering.


Tiffany Lockette said...

We tailgated on Friday all day and all night...no shopping for me this year, darn Ala vs Aub having their game on Black Friday, what are they thinking?

Tiffany Lockette said...

You are very brave!

Bridgett said...

Yep...you're much braver than I.
I've never gone Black Friday shopping and I probably never will. LOL

I wait until Cyber Monday. :)