Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our Christmas in Alabama

We had a wonderful time going back home to Alabama and spending some time with family and friends. We were overloaded with gifts, food and love. The kids were spoiled rotten and got all they asked for and more.

We had several stops to make and each one was special in it's own way. Sunday (12/20) we had Christmas with Kent's extended family. The kids had a great time playing with their cousins and opening gifts. That night we also went to the zoo to look at all the Christmas lights they had displayed.
Monday night (12/21) we went to Kent's parents' house and had Christmas with his mom, daddy, grandparents, brother, sister and Kent's sister's boyfriend. We ate, opened gifts and the kids played with all their toys.

Tuesday (12/22) the kids, Kent, myself and Kent's grandparents took the kids to the Bass Pro Shop ( Jon Kent wanted to go.. who really knows why) and then to Chuck-E-Cheese's. They had a great time there. Later that afternoon we went over to my parents' house to have Christmas with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, nephew and my MawMaw. We ate and opened gifts from each other. You should have seen allllll the wrapping paper. Crazy!

Wednesday (12/23) it was time to head home. We had a wonderful time with our families. We miss not being there with them, but we know our place is here. It's the first Christmas I haven't spent with my family and the same for Kent. But we are looking forward to sharing Christmas with our kids and starting new traditions for them.

So that was our Christmas in Alabama.. Sweet Home Alabama.


4 comments:

Bridgett said...

Looks like a good time was had by all! :)

JBGRIGS said...

I'm happy you all had a nice time for Christmas :)

Christy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with your family in Alabama.

Where are you making your cute photo collages?

EmilytheCreative said...

Christy- I go to picnik.com and do my collages there. They have a free version and a pay version. I paid for the extra since I use it to edit my photos and I do our Christmas cards there, other holiday cards and my blog headers. It's worth it to me. It was like $20 something for a year.