Monday, August 24, 2009

You Might Be a Redneck If...


If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you already know this, but...


Jon Kent whipped "it" out in our neighbor's front yard and peed RIGHT IN FRONT of their window. Which the blinds were opened to. And I know they were there because I saw them right when we were going outside. I seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY hope they weren't looking outside. AND it was in one of their flowerbeds. Jon Kent told me he had to pee and asked if he could pee outside. I said sure, but to go in the backyard. Instead, he went in the neighbor's yard. He said he went behind a tree.. Well, yeah but it was in the neighbor's FRONT YARD! I laughed the whole time though. The things kids do... We are certainly labeled the redneck family now.. for sure.

***

Today I tried, again, to get my driver's license. We went a little before they were supposed to close and got right in. Our number was called and we went to get our information logged in the computer. The lady told me to read line number 2 on the little vision tester and y'all.. I couldn't read a thing. I was so embarrassed. I forgot my glasses because I hardly ever wear them because one of the kids stretched them and they don't stay on my face. Anyway, I flew back home to get them, but by the time I got back they were closed. So strike number two. I'll go back maybe tomorrow or Wednesday.

***

My parents made it home safely yesterday. I really had a good time with them here. I hope they come back soon and often. We leave this Saturday to go back to Alabama. My schedule is already filling up pretty quickly. I'm meeting up with my best friend while in town. We are going to spend the whole day together just catching up and doing girly things. Then I am also finally "cashing in" my Valentine's gift from Kent. A manicure/pedicure at a spa close to my hometown. Of course, can't forget the Auburn football we are going to on the 5th. I'm so excited about that! I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends and just relaxing for a week or so.



3 comments:

Bridgett said...

LOL...well, little boys will be little boys. :)

Parker's at the age where he feels like playing with his thingy at all hours of the day.

Yea, it's lovely. ::sigh::

Have a great visit home!

Oh, and I'm on facebook too! Feel free to look me up if you'd like.

XOXO

Katie said...

Once RJ and I were on a walk, he was about 2 or 2 1/2 and he had to go potty. He had never peed outside before and he was not potty trained, but I was so happy he told me that I let him pee on a bush (on a deserted trail in the desert). The next day he peed on the playground at daycare in front of everyone! haha. Boys! I totally blamed it on his daddy too.

Karen said...

Justin pees outside all the time! Must be a boy thing! The trip back home sounds great!!