Monday, August 17, 2009

O'ville Happenings.

We've had more family visiting, but sadly they left today. It's always great to have family in the house. Makes this new, unfamiliar world seem normal.. if only for a few days. We had a great time with Kent's grandparents. They got to see what our new life is like and we got to hear how life in Alabama hasn't changed. Kent and I even got a few hours alone yesterday to go out and do whatever. It was nice to be able to talk without hearing, "Momma. Hey, momma. Look momma. Momma. Watch this, momma." etc. Earlier we all went back to Monkey Joe's where, again, the kids had a blast. We grilled out, talked, played, laughed and cried. It was a great time and we can't wait to see them again soon. We are heading back to Alabama in 12 days, so it won't be long.

Now it's time for the "undoing". Where I have to "retrain" my kids to behave. Do you know what I mean? When grandparents, aunts, uncles and great grandparents come for a visit they over do it with the spoiling. My kids get away with just about everything if I'm not in the room to correct them. They get gifts, candy, late bedtimes. So once everyone leaves the kids are still spinning from that and still think they can get away with it. Since the great grands left this morning I have had to deal with at least 5 meltdowns, Nathan locking himself and Zoey in the bathroom and Nathan biting me. Yes, biting me. I was so ready for nap time. SO.READY. I'm really hoping after nap we can all feel better and act better.

Kent is in the works trying to get us football tickets to Auburn's first football game (WAR EAGLE!). It's September 5 and if all goes well we will be taking Jon Kent. His first college football game. I'm so excited for him! And for me! It's been YEARS(!!!!) since I've been to a game. I'm looking forward to it and really hoping everything works out so we can go.

Well, it's nap time so that means cleaning up, washing more clothes and grabbing a quick shower. Later!

3 comments:

Tiffany Lockette said...

Girl, we may take Zoe to tailgate that game for the first time. Would love to meet you and all of your family. We are suppose to through my Dad a 60th birthday party but we (my sister and I) are trying to talk my Mom into doing it on Sunday rather than Saturday.

Bridgett said...

Doesn't college football rock?

Hope your kiddos are feeling a little better this evening. :)
But believe me, I feel for you. Been there! LOL

XOXO

JBGRIGS said...

so glad to know I am not the only Mom who so looks forward to nap time :)