Saturday, August 22, 2009

New

When we lived in Alabama we lived so close to all our family that any visits we had were short. A 15-20 visit here or an afternoon there. There wasn't any need for overnight visits. Now that we have moved and family is coming to visit us for 2,3, 4 days at a time it's made me realize how much I love these types of visits more. They mean more, I guess. You don't take them for granted like you would if they lived next door to you or a 10 minute drive across town. I'm getting used to our new lifestyle and finding more things about it that I truly enjoy and I'm glad has happened to us.

Speaking of new things, I joined a playgroup. Shocked? Me too! Our first meet up is this Wednesday. We are going to tour a local fire station and the kids will get a demonstration and get to check out the fire trucks, fire equipment, talk to fire fighters, etc. I know Jon Kent will love it and Zoey will like having other kids to run around with. I'm nervous. As I've stated before, I'm not a social butterfly by any means. But I'm trying. I'm really trying and I want to make new friends, so I'm doing it. No matter how much it terrifies me.

To find a playgroup near you, check out meetup.com!

5 comments:

TnL's Mommy said...

I hear what you are saying about those kind of visits. I, as you know, don't live near my family so I treasure each time I do get to visit them!

I am also not a social butterfly, not even close...thanks for that info on playgroups. I will look into that, need something to do with Logan for another year! You motivate me to make that step and do it! I hope it all goes well Wed and can't wait to hear about it!

JBGRIGS said...

Good Luck with your first meetup :) I found our playgroup 2 years ago on meetup.com. I am so thankful for my group. I have made life long friends. Not only do we have playdates for the kids, we have Moms night out. Everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand when someone is in need. It is awesome.

Tiffany Lockette said...

I tried to get you to meet me & Zoe at the AU game but never got a response back. LOL
Looks like we will be watching the game on my parents TV though. Mom won't budge on the bday party for my Dad so no tailgating for us this weekend but seriously, I would love to put a face with a fellow blog friend and meet your crew!!

Bridgett said...

That's wonderful!

So happy for you. Good luck at the meet up!

XOXO

EmilytheCreative said...

Sorry Tiffany, I meant to get back with you about it but just kept forgetting. My brain is all over the place lately! Sorry you won't get to go to the game. Maybe another time. I'm hoping we will get to go more now that we have "connections" with tickets. We'll see. Look for us, we'll be in one of the endzones.. not sure which one though.