Friday, November 5, 2010

It's still hard

I knew my life would never be the same. The moment I heard my momma passed away I watched my perfect bubble pop. I mean, seriously, it was like slow motion. I can still see the look on Kent's face when I handed him the phone. I can still see the kids running to their daddy asking why momma was screaming and crying. I knew then that my life wouldn't be the same.

But I didn't know then how different it would be. How it seems everything circles back to my momma. I can't tell you how many times I think about her in a day. And I still think of something and want to call her.

The other night I was getting Zoey ready for bed. She was talking to me about cheerleading and how excited she was. She says the word cheerlearder like this: cheeraleadah. The second she said it, I said it back to her and I could hear my momma's voice in my head saying it, too. She would aways say that Zoey was her "cheeraleahah". Tears welled up in my eyes and I did my best to hold my tone steady as I finished talking to Zoey and getting her dressed. My momma would be loving this. She would be so proud to finally watch her baby girl cheer. It's something she talked about last year when Jon Kent started basketball and we knew Zoey would be cheering this year.

It's the small things it life. It really is. Doesn't matter what house you live in, what car you drive, what you do for a living. It's the small and simple things that mean the most in the end. Make the most of the small stuff.


1 comment:

Christy said...

(((((((((((Emily)))))))))))