Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 26: Your Fears

As a Christian I have been taught to cast all my cares upon God. To leave all my worries with Him.

As a human who has a fleshly nature.. I have fears.

I fear cancer. Any and all types. My fear doesn't discriminate. I know people, have had friends, read numerous blogs.. all with people who have cancer, have had cancer or who have died from cancer. I do not want to go through it myself and I certainly don't want any of my children or my husband to have to go through it.

It's something that is so unknown. Everyday it seems a new rare cancer is discovered. Seemingly healthy people die in a few months from the horrible disease. It doesn't care if you are young, old, rich, poor, black, white or purple.

I try not to let my mind stay in that fear or else I would let it consume me. Let it take away the life I am being allowed to have.. while I have it.


1 comment:

JBGRIGS said...

Cancer sucks. It has taken 3 very important people from my life. I hope and pray I never lose another loved one to it.