Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 20: This Month

October...

The month before the madness of birthdays and holidays. The calm before the storm.. although it's a "happy storm".

So far this month we have just done our usual. School, homework, playing around, church.. We have done a lot of yard work. A lot. I believe we are done.. for now. We are fixing to welcome a dog into the family. That should be fun.. or not. I'm not what you would call an animal person. I figure I am doing good keeping up with 3 kids and a husband. And now to throw a dog into the mix. We'll see. He or she might become my buddy. We are going this weekend to look at a few puppies.

Speaking of this weekend.. The kids are going to Alabama Thursday for some much needed spoiling from the family. They will be gone until Monday. So that means Kent and I get a whole weekend alone. We are both looking forward to it. Although, I already feel somewhat guilty about being away from my babies. But I know they will be well taken care of and they are looking forward to it. They were thrilled to know that Kent and I wouldn't be coming along. Which means they know they will get spoiled rotten without parental intervention. So really, it's a win/win for everyone.

Now.. on to Halloween!


No comments: