Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 16: Your First Kiss

I was four years old and it was with a neighbor boy up the road. Yes, 4. So I really don't count that as my first because it was innocent child's play. We were mocking what we saw on TV.

My first "real" kiss was with Kent. How it seems my stories all come back to him.

I was 15 years old. It was June 1998. A group of us were all standing around in my high school parking lot. I forget why we were even there. Maybe a band practice or something. No clue. Anyway, we were all saying our good-byes. I was fixing to leave and Kent and I were standing there holding hands and were both trying to find the right way to go about this first kiss thing. Finally, I just swiftly leaned in, kissed him and told him good-bye. I walked away and then turned back around to him and smiled. Like.. did that just really happen?

I still tease him sometimes that I actually made the first move. ;)

No comments: