Friday, August 20, 2010

Zoey's 1st Day of Preschool



Wednesday Kent and I took Zoey to a "meet and greet" at her school. She got to play with some of the kids and we got all the info on the preschool. Zoey's teachers seemed really nice. And they were very prepared. They told us about what a day in the classroom might be like. Just very organized. I was relieved. I mean, it was hard enough to send Jon Kent off to school and then to just turn around and send Zoey off as well. I wanted to make sure she would be taken care of and from the looks of things, she will be. And I am pretty sure she will learn in leaps and bounds.


Today, I took Zoey for her first "official" day of preschool. She will be going for the full 3 hours. She was excited. Very excited. The drop-off line was crazy. All the parents who apparently didn't show up to the orientation were there snapping pictures, video taping, etc. their kids. We were told to just come and drop them off with their teacher. So that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. But today wasn't about me. And as long as Zoey didn't care (she didn't) then I wasn't going to show that it irritated me. She got right out of the car and headed to her teacher. That girl is growing up right in front of me. Didn't bat an eyelash. I am about 30 minutes away from picking up her and her brother. Can't wait to hear how her day went.

Good times.


5 comments:

Dana said...

I should have mentioned to you that there are certain groups of people that think the rules don't imply to them. And oddly enough, they sort of don't. I still feel like my kids will come out on top with me following the rules. The teachers definitely know which parents do. Of course you know all of this all to well I'm sure!

Glad it's going well!

Kristine said...

Hope her first day was awesome! I can't wait for Ry's first day...I sure hope I can take pics or I will faint!

EmilytheCreative said...

Kris,
The orientation day was the day they wanted us to take "first day" pictures. That way we would all have time to do so. Her official day was Friday and that was when we were to drop them off. Most of those parents didn't show up to the orientation. It was also in a letter they mailed to us at the first of August. Irriated me, but I am over it now. :x

Karen said...

Congrats to Zoey! It will be nice for you and Nathan to have one on one time together!

Tiffany Lockette said...

Hope she had a great first day and continues to have many good days ahead! How exciting.