Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1st

April 1st is one very important day to me. Not because I am some prankster. Although, I am all for pranking! But this day has two very special meanings to me.

April 1st is my momma's spiritual birthday. Meaning this was the day she accepted Jesus to be her Savior and Lord. How I am grateful for God choosing this day before the foundation of the world to be the date of my momma's spiritual birthday. Because with that I have a peace beyond any one's understanding that my momma is in heaven. And while my heart still and will always ache to talk to her, to share my life with her, for my kids to have her in their lives growing up, I still know exactly where she is and she isn't suffering from all the imperfections of this world. Today may be a day for "jokes" but it's a day that I will be celebrating for the spiritual rebirth of my momma for as long as the Lord leaves me here. Happy Spiritual Birthday, Momma! What a celebration you must be having today!

And then this time last year Kent calls me up and tells me we are moving. Moving two states from "home" and starting a whole new chapter in our lives. What a day to find out, huh? I was pretty excited. Excited that Kent got a promotion and excited to finally spread our wings. How much our lives have changed since that day. We have made livelong friends, moved into a great neighborhood, found an amazing church and have really settled in so well. God knew we would need this support system. He knew I would. And I am so thankful.

So Happy Fool's Day everyone. I know today I have a lot to celebrate!


3 comments:

Taking Heart said...

Happy April 1st to you, too, Emily! Hope you have a blessed day.

Christy said...

What a special day for your family, I'll go to bed tonight thinking of how a day for Joke's....the biggest joke was played on Satan today....your Momma and others gave their life to Christ!

Praying for you sweetie.

JBGRIGS said...

It puts a smile on my face to know that God is so good :)