Friday, January 28, 2011

National Champions!


We are big Auburn fans around here.  I was wearing orange and blue long before I can remember.  I remember going to my first Auburn game.  I remember walking the field getting autographs from all the football players and cheerleaders at the time.  I married an Auburn fan and brought my first born child home from the hospital in head to toe Auburn.  I bleed orange and blue.  It's the way I was raised and the way I am raising my own.  While I have never attended Auburn (not that you have to, to be a fan) my grandfather did.  My momma was probably the biggest Auburn fan I knew.. probably the biggest one anyone knew.  And this year, for the first time since 1957 they won a National Championship.  10 months and 18 days after my momma passed away. My momma would have loved it.  LOVED it I tell you.  Bittersweet.  Bittersweet.  Kent and I enjoyed sharing that moment together.  He jumping all around and me taking quick pictures on my cellphone to document the celebration.  Then we went and rolled our tree in the front yard.  It's a tradition of Auburn's (Toomer's Corner).  It was a great, wonderful, bittersweet night.

No comments: