Saturday, March 12, 2011

Clear!

I went for a bilateral breast ultrasound yesterday.  Everything came back clear.  The doctor who reviewed my scans said that he saw nothing that looked tumorous.  He told me to keep an eye on the lump (that is still there) and if it starts to grow to let my doctor know.  But otherwise everything looked fine.

I am very thankful for all the prayers that were lifted up on my behalf.  I was really overwhelmed with how many people called, sent cards, stopped and asked me how I was doing, emailed, messaged me, etc.  It's really amazing and hard to really describe how wonderful it is to know that so many people cared.

Once it was all said and done I had a headache.  Odd, right?  I guess from all the stress and anticipation that went into that day.  It just built up.  Thankfully a good nights sleep cured that.

I feel relieved but a little guilty at the same time.  I know that not everyone gets the same good news.  My heart goes out to those who don't come out of an ultrasound so well.  I feel undeserving of God's goodness.  And I know that no matter how many times I thank Him, it's just never enough.

But thankful I am nonetheless.  God is great and greatly to be praised!!


3 comments:

JBGRIGS said...

I'm so happy for you :)

Karen said...

Thank you God for answered prayers!!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

I am so happy that you got this behind you and it wasn't anything serious. My mom and aunts have had quite a few lumps that turned out to be nothing, and it's always terrifying.