Thursday, February 3, 2011

Winter- Ramblings of a bored SAHM who is sick of SICK!

I am beginning to hate winter.  And this time, I don't think hate is a strong enough word.  Despise?  Would like to choke slam it....  Although, I am not exactly sure how I would go about choke slamming winter.

I digress...

Let's see.. since Saturday evening at least one of my kids have been sick.  As the days progressed all of them came down with a fever.  Jon Kent had strep throat and Zoey and Nathan had/have fevers.  Nathan's went up to 104.4 last night.  After giving him some Motrin and rechecking his temp later it was down too 100.6.  I had to laugh though, because had Nathan been my first, we probably would have been at the ER within minutes.  Today, Jon Kent went back to school for the first time all week.  He was less than thrilled.  He had gotten used to lounging all day, doing crafts with me and coloring, reading and playing video games.  I am all for lounging here and there (heck, most days I don't get out of my Pj's until lunch) but day after day after day... no thanks.  I need sunshine and fresh air!  Zoey got to go to school 1.5 days this week.  Not looking good for her to go back tomorrow.  We'll see what her temp is after her nap.  Really would like for her to be able to go to school tomorrow.  If only to get out of the house herself.

In the midst of all this, we have family coming in to town tomorrow.  They know of the sickness and have been warned.  Plans were semi on hold for their arrivals, but I think we will all be better by tomorrow evening and if nothing else, the extra set of hands (sanitized hands!) will be welcomed from this too tired to honestly give a rat's patooty about anything but getting some rest.  Rest that will have to come AFTER I am done cleaning and disinfecting the house.  Yay! Not.

I must admit though, it's nice to be able to move around for more than a few minutes without someone needing something or me.  I have though, enjoyed the snuggles and cuddles.  Just wish they didn't have to be sick to let me hold them for any amount of time.

Where was I going with this post?  Hmm, not really sure...

Oh...

SUMMER!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU???????????????????????

No comments: