Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Highs and Lows

On so many levels.

So this morning as I was fixing breakfast Zoey comes in very enthusiastically and says:

Zoey: I know how to spell ant.
Me: Spell it.
Zoey: A...... what's that middle one?
Me: N?
Zoey: Yes, n. N... N... Hey! N and N rhyme!!
Me: So how do you spell ant?
Zoey: That last one.. it's has a line going down and a line going across...
Me: T?
Zoey: Yes, T! That's how you spell ant!

And she runs off very satisfied that she just told me how to spell ant.

Today was a pretty day. Two days in a row of beautiful spring like weather. I put the windows up and lit a few candles. The house smelled wonderful. The kids and I played outside this morning before lunch. They had a good time. So did I.

While the kids were napping my former pastor (who is also a dear family friend) called to check in on me and the family. He told me how he was praying for us and would continue to do so. He was telling me how wonderful my momma was and how my daddy is truly a man of God. And how my daddy has always been such a rock. I agreed. After we hung up, for whatever reason I broke down. It's the first time I've cried in about 2 days. I don't mind crying. As my daddy said, it can be very healing. But the way it just comes out of the blue sometimes takes me by surprise.

It's been two weeks.

Two weeks since I've heard my momma's voice. It's hard. And if I am to be quite honest, it sucks. But again, I know exactly where she is at and it's a true comfort in my times of sorrow.

After naps, we all went back outside for some play time. Kent came home about an hour or so later. We all played out in the front yard. Kent and I sat and chatted. Then Sharon, a sweet wonderful lady from my Sunday School class, dropped by to deliver a meal for us. So, I wouldn't have to worry with cooking. I am truly blessed. We came in and ate and then Kent went off to a coaches meeting for the kids' t-ball league. The kids and I went back outside and played until it was almost dark. While we were out there Zoey was dancing and making up songs. This is a little bit of how it went..

Momma and daddy have love.
They do it a lonnnng timmmmme!
They do it with all their heart.
Mommy and daddy have love.

When she first started it, I had to ask her what she said again. At first I thought she said, Momma and daddy make love. I was going to be a bit freaked out if that's what she was really saying!

We came in and I started running the kids a bath. Put the kids in the tub and had even added bubbles in so they could splash and play for a bit before getting their actual baths. Then.. Nathan pooped. The kids started screaming and saying, "Gross! Poopie! Nathan just poopied and I saw the whole thing!" I quickly got them all out of the tub.. cleaned out the tub.. ran a new bath with new bubbles and then put them all back in. Fun times.. really.

After baths the kids got to watch the Backyardigans and then off to bed they went.

All in all it was a great day. Got to enjoy the day with my family.. cry a little and clean out a tub full of poop. What a day!


Tiffany Lockette said...

Hey, I was thinking about you and just wanted you to know. How are you doing?

EmilytheCreative said...

I'm doing alright. Taking it day by day.. hour by hour at times. But over all I am OK.

Kristine said...

(((E))) I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Looks like the kiddos are really enjoying the nice weather...hopefully it stays this way!

Brandi said...

A day with a little variety in it is always good for the soul :)

Bridgett said...

Ahhh...gotta love the poo in the tub scenario. :)