Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day of School 2011

"Just me and you kid." is what I told Nathan once we returned home from taking Jon Kent and Zoey to their first day of school.  This is the first time that Nathan will have just me to himself for an extended amount of time through the year.  I am looking forward to it.  Looking forward to teaching and playing and napping (for him and cleaning for me).  The start of school is bittersweet.  I miss my older babies while they are gone, but I am loving having Nathan all to myself.  And he has really soaked it up today.

As for Jon Kent and Zoey and their start up of school: They both did very well.  No tears.. from them or me. They were both really excited.  Zoey had trouble going to sleep last night because she was just "too excited".  Jon Kent tried to play it all off cool, but he was excited about his first day.  I am sure that will disappear once the homework starts rolling in.  But for today he was excited.  I can't wait to hear about their day.  It's hard to believe that Zoey is in kindergarten and Jon Kent is in first grade.  I can still see both of them.. still in diapers.. playing inside one of their closets with all the books and toys.  Sweet memories.











No comments: