Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas in Alabama- 2010

Christmas in Alabama
December 17-22, 2010



We had a wonderful trip to Alabama over the Christmas holiday. We got to spend time with all our family. Although each of the kids was sick or got sick while there, we pulled through it and still were able to fit in everything we wanted. It was also a hard time for me. Seeing as this was my first Christmas without my momma. There were a lot of differences. Even in the small things. It was all noticed. Daddy and I went to her grave to put some solar lights on a tree that was on her grave. It was heart wrenching to know that was the only way we could "include" her. My heart still aches everyday.



While we were in town, my daddy and I got to spend a lot of time together. I am a daddy's girl. Have been since I was born, probably. And to be able to spend any amount of time with him is always a good thing in my book. I love to stay up late and just watch HGTV and talk. We took a late night trip to Wal-Mart, got his shopping done and just all around had a good time together.


While the trip was great, going back home to South Carolina was good too. If it weren't for the 4 hours from here to there, I would go back home everyday.


No comments: