Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas in Dixie

We just did our "3rd Annual Whirlwind Christmas Trip to Alabama".  I am still tired from it all.  We had 3 different family gatherings.  The kids were spoiled rotten and Kent and I were, too.  I greatly appreciated all the gifts I was given and loved seeing the smiling faces when people opened their gifts from us.  That really is the best part.  Seeing the look on someone's face when they open their gift.

While "home" I got to spend some solo time with my daddy and help him with a few things.  It was nice to be able to do that.  The older I get the more I cherish those times.  I know life can slip away so unexpectedly and it's what you make of it while you have it.  It's always hard going home though.  I know my momma won't be there and we drive right past the cemetery on the way in to town.  The heartbreak is always there, even though this is the 2nd Christmas without her.  It doesn't get easier.. you just adjust.  I guess I said all that to say that no matter the material gifts you may get.. it's the gift of time that should be most treasured.








No comments: